Health is "a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." [The Alma-Ata Declaration of 1978 by the WHO.]
We, at the Madibong Community Home Base Care Centre" strive to promote health, according to the definition above, actioning the following:
- Current Activities to include a supportive and preventative approach to primary health care.
- Curative Approaches in the form of palative care; DOTS and monitoring of chronic compliance to treatment.
- Preventative Approaches Giving health talks both at home and community level that includes TB, HIV/AIDS, teenage pregnancy, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMCT) and etc.
- Food SecurityEncouraging families to grow homestead gardens as a mechanism of fighting malnutrition and maintain good health.
- Care and Support Care and support for the OVC(child headed households and the vulnarables/orphaned vulnarable children)
We also do down referrals to health institutions and other government departments depending on issues mutually agreed.
Our advocacy is to take up development challenges in the community and networking with other role players, therefore building capacity through counselling and establishment of support groups.
We strive for a holistic approach towards acheivement of millennium development goals'.